Carpentry in Sherborn MA
At Jose's Painting Company, we don't take carpentry lightly. Our carpenters repair broken frames, siding, or any repairs done prior to painting.
As professional painters, we often find the need to make repairs or make small installations before applying paint to a surface. The window sills may be cracked, the door and window frames may have rotted wood, the deck may need to be repaired, or the railings may be rusted. Whatever the reason, Jose’s Painting Company will focus on finishing, repairing, and replacing surfaces to ensure the most effective painting results.
Settlement in Sherborn began in 1652, a generation before the town was incorporated in 1674. The first settlers bought land along the Charles River flood plains, at the southeastern edge of the present Sherborn-Millis town line. After 1674, settlers established individual farms throughout town. The land included in the National Register districts was laid out about 1681, following the exchange of 4000 acres of land with the Natick Indians, with Sherborn receiving the area of the town center to the present Natick line. In 1685, settlers established their first church on the town common. This simple building was replaced in 1724 by a larger church, which in turn was enlarged in 1769.