Carpentry in Grafton MA
At Jose's Painting Company, we don't take carpentry lightly. Our carpenters repair broken frames, siding, or any repairs done prior to painting.
As professional painters, we often find the need to make repairs or make small installations before applying paint to a surface. The window sills may be cracked, the door and window frames may have rotted wood, the deck may need to be repaired, or the railings may be rusted. Whatever the reason, Jose’s Painting Company will focus on finishing, repairing, and replacing surfaces to ensure the most effective painting results.
Grafton is a semi-rural town in east central Massachusetts lying southeast of the City of Worcester. The population according to the federal census in 2010 was 17,765. Grafton was originally occupied by a tribe of Nipmuc Indians and was called Hassanamisco (place of small stones). In 1671, an English missionary named John Eliot, who preached in Hassanamisco, established an Indian church and school here where the Bible was studied in the Indian language. The church and school were located near the current common. Today there is an Indian homestead on Brigham Hill. In 1724, a group of 39 men and one woman, mainly from Marlborough, Sudbury, Concord, and Stow, presented a petition to the General Court and were granted the right to purchase 7,500 acres of land from Indian owners. The money was to be held in an account under the direction of the General Court for the benefit of the Indians. The Town of Grafton was established in 1735 and named in honor of Charles Fitzroy, Duke of Grafton, and grandson of Charles II. The present Grafton common was established in 1738. The original 40 proprietors of Grafton voted that four acres of land near the center of the plantation of Hassanamisco were to be set aside as common land and that a meetinghouse, burial ground, schoolhouse, and militia training field be situated at this place.